just me!

I believe that, in everything, there is...

A Year of Change

Saturday, January 1, 2011
It is January 1 and a new year, a new decade. There are many who make New Year's resolutions. The unfortunate part of this tradition is that many resolutions are not achieved. Goals are set that are too high, too quick, and/or too unrealistic. More than that, we can end up sabotaging ourselves in many different ways depending on the goal. So, while there are a few changes that I want to make in my own life, I do not want to set myself up to be unable to achieve them.

I have read that it takes three (3) weeks to establish a habit (whether a good one or a bad one). So, I have decided that I am going to introduce a new change at the beginning of each month, as well as give an update on the previous month’s change.

Change #1 – Maintaining this blog.
In December, I participated in a “Photo Challenge” on Facebook. Basically, I uploaded a photo each day for that day’s topic. One of the days’ topics was “Something that I want to do before I die.” My response? To be a writer. This has been a dream of mine since I was a young girl. As I thought about my response, I realized that the dream is closer than I think and I remembered that I have greatly neglected my blog since I moved to Blogger. So, why wait on this dream of mine? It has now become a goal.

I invite you to join me in this year of change. What is a change that you would like to make in your own life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

home | about | contact

Copyright 2009-2010 a bit of design. All rights reserved.
All content, images, and scripts are original artwork of a bit of design. All content and images are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any way.
Copyrights for the International Webmasters Association and The HTML Writers Guild are held respectively.

Proudly powered by Blogger